Received a notice from MPGear.com today that they have received a limited supply of the new Big Agnes Jack Rabbit SL2 and SL3 ultralight tents.
The Jack Rabbit SL tents are a series of ultralight backpacking tents from Big Agnes that seem to be a prefect combination of price, weight and features. The 2 person version of the Jack Rabbit uses lightweight materials and easy pole design making it easy to carry in to your destination, and just as easy to set up when you get there. Although this tent is superlight (3 lbs 13 oz trail weight), it still packs lots of features that make your camping experience an enjoyable one including double doors and vestibules, interior pockets, reflective guy lines, and if you buy it from MPGear.com they will throw in a free Big Agnes Jack Rabbit tent footprint (a $50 value!!). The 3 person version has a trail weight of 4 lbs. 12 oz and features the same lightweight materials and easy pole design of the 2 person.
Check Out Some Features:
- DAC lightweight aluminum poles with press fit connectors – featuring eco-friendly anodizing
- All DAC poles made from TH72M aluminum: the latest technology in lightweight tent poles featuring improved durability
- Fly and Floor are lightweight silicone treated nylon rip-stop with a 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is lightweight nylon and polyester mesh
- Reflective guyline and reflective webbing on tent corners for nighttime visibility
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC’s)
Both the Jack Rabbit SL2 and SL3 are available at MPGear.com as of the time this post was written. The 2 person currently retails for $279.90 and the SL3 is selling for $359.90 which also includes a free footprint and free shipping. See MPGear.com for complete details including all of the features of each tent.